Thursday, July 12, 2007


Show and Tell Friday
Hosted by Kelli @ There's No Place Like Home
There is no place like home




Lavender Fields Forever.........
oh No That was Strawberry Fields.....

On Thursday I woke up to the most wonderful day here on LI
The humidity was gone, sun was shinning and a gentle breeze was blowing.
I got up, had a quick up of Java and headed of the East End of LI with a friend.


It was a great day to enjoy the Gift God had sent our way.
Here are a few of the places we stopped at.

Lavender Fields

These are the lavender fields that I visited on Thursday.
They are located at the Eastern End on Long Island , NY

It was absolutely beautiful. Oh and the fragrance.........my car still smells sweet.

Did I buy some?


What do you think?


But of course, I could not pass this up.


I picked up several bundles of lavender for making Lavender Wands.
I will post them when they are completed.

Here is the lady wrapping up my lavender.



Next we were back on the road enjoying the drive with no traffic. Things on Eastern LI all change on Friday.
Locals stay away due to the traffic. We stopped at one of the many local farm stands to buy fresh corn for dinner


Oh my gosh, everything looked so good. Look at the dried statis flowers. They were gorgeous


Then we were off to a little town called Greenport. We treated ourselves to a Lobster Lunch.
Here is the view from our table. Can you just feel the peace.
And lunch was mmmm good at Claudios Clam Bar

Then we were off to more shopping.
Found this cute little shop.
Bought something here for my Summer Fun Swap.





Oh no, you can't see it yet. That would spoil the fun!

It was a very rewarding day. Looking forward to returning again very soon.
Next trip I will be focusing on all the thrift shops and antique stores.
Hope you all have a blessed weekend. Stay cool and safe.

23 comments:

Lori said...

Love those lavender fields. They are so pretty.

Lana G! said...

Man I wish I was taggin along on this trip! Wonderful - and the shops - soooooo cute!

I love lavender.

Lana G!
http://airmiles.wordpress.com/

ellen b. said...

The lavender fields look divine! Your day looks perfect in every way. I'm with Lana G. wished we could have tagged along with you...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Betty said...

Gosh, I thought I was in France there for a minute....the lavender fields are gorgeous and the scent I can only imagine.....

I enjoyed the trip with you, the shop and oh yes the lobster lunch......

You really got a deal with the beautiful scrolled headboard...it is perfect in the garden.....

Please drop by again to visit with me.....Betty

Susan said...

Oh I've never seen lavender fields. I can almost smell them clear here in Oklahoma :o) Thanks for sharing that. Your day sounded lovely. Don't you just love days like that and shared with a friend.
Susan

Mockingbird Hill said...

Lavender Fields?! How dreamy! Nothing like that this far south but what a day you had. Be sure you share those Lavender Wands when they are complete...can't wait!

Barbara H. said...

I have never smelled fresh lavender -- I'll bet it's lovely! The pictures of the fields are gorgeous. Sounds like a fun day!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

jennifer said...

Wow, I wish I went with you!

Have a great weekend!

Autumn said...

What pretty fields.
lol, i love the title too. The Beatles are my favorite.

Sharon said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great day! Love the lavender fields!!

Myrna said...

what a nice day! The lavender fields look very beautiful and inviting. I love the lavender scent!

Have you visited the blogger at lavender chick--She's a Texan with a lavender farm.

Cindy said...

OH MY GOSH! I can almost smell it just looking at those pictures! Your blog is so beautiful! I'm adding you to my list of favorites on my sidebar!

Christina J. said...

That looks like the best kind of day. Those lavender fields looked amazing! I love lavendar; I feel like I can almost smell it from your photos! All of your pictures are wonderful. Have a lovely weekend. :)

Kelli said...

OOoo...what a beautiful place to visit!! I love lavender and especially lavender wands!! It looks like it was a fun trip!
Kelli

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the lavender fields! Beautiful pictures!
Blessings to You! Claudia O.

Lallee said...

What a glorious day you had! I find the lavender fields just phenomenal. It is on my list of things I hope to do someday--visit lavender fields in person! Nice post.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love flowers of all types and I really like lavendar, but I've never seen or smelled the fresh stuff growing. I do like the dried so I can just imagine how glorious the fresh is.

Thanks for stopping by my place, and feel free to come back anytime. :-)

Supper tonight? Homemade garden veggie soup. ;o)

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend! :-)

Hugs,

Diane

Sue Seibert said...

Down in the Texas Hill Country we now have lavender farms, too! And an oil farm!

Good to hear from you!

Susie said...

Hi Linda,
Just wanted to say thanks for visiting me and your kind words! I love the delicious smell of lavender.
I'll come back and visit you again.
:)

Betty Jo said...

OMGosh! I would love to visit a lavender field like that. How wonderful for you to have them so near. Sounds like you had a terrific day. xoxo

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a fun day you had! The lavender must smell heavenly!

Katherine
Yellow Rose Arbor

As one yellow rose lover to another - come over and visit my blog sometime!

The French Nest said...

I can smell the lavender from here! I can't wait to see your find for the summer swap!

Kate

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

I have been to that lavender farm too! So beautiful! I bought some of their plants to grow some of my own. If you like to cook, check out the cooking school in Southold I talk about on my blog. So much fun!





Powered By Blogger