Sunday, August 10, 2008


Difficult Days




We all have had them and chances are we will have them again.
I hate them, but the outcomes can sometimes be good. I know life can not be pain free. Although it would be nice for things to go smoothly all the time or at least I would like to think so.
Anyway, I am having one of those days today. Difficulty with my feelings and with people. I can not avoid the pain of the words of people, but I do choose not to live in misery because of what others do.
My Mom used to always say, Consider the source. I know that when people say things they shouldn't it is sometimes their own hurts. Right now that is not helping me much. Only my Lord can take away the sting of words that people say.
In all of this is a lesson for me. I must also learn to THINK before I speak. How will my words make others feel or respond. The tongue can be a lashing whip.
As I desire to be more like Christ and become a Woman of God, I must learn to deal with life as the Word of God directs me. Therefore, I will choose to learn from this day. This is not a hurt that will be wasted, but a hurt that I choose to learn from.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

We all have our difficult days. It's how we deal with them that makes all the difference. Sounds like you know how to do that. I've learned that time changes a lot of things also.





Powered By Blogger